Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea
Maui, also called the “Valley Isle” is the second largest of the Hawaiian islands, and regularly wins the title of “Best Hawaiian Island” in reader polls. Between the countless gorgeous beaches, 10,000 foot Haleakala volcano, surfing waves for all ability levels, fantastic restaurants, and the Road to Hana, there is literally something for everyone.
We have been vacationing on Maui regularly since 2003, and we have had the opportunity to stay at most of the top resorts on the island. We have found Wailea, which typically receives the least amount of rainfall, and has average daytime temperatures in the mid 80’s to low 90’s, to be the ideal location to enjoy the best of Maui. Wailea is not only home to great weather, fantastic golf courses, shopping, and dining, but it is also the home of our favorite resort on the entire island, the Four Seasons Maui at Wailea. Here are some of the things we love most about the resort:
- The resort sits just above beautiful Wailea beach, which consistently ranks among the best beaches in all of Hawaii. The beach is pure with natural soft sand, and the ocean bottom in front of the resort is rock free. Ocean conditions in the mornings are calm and ideal for even young kids to play in the warm clear water. Complimentary snorkeling gear makes it easy to observe plenty of fish and turtles directly off the beach around Wailea Point.
- The exclusive and chic adults only Serenity Pool with underwater speakers, swim up bar, infinity edge views, and luxury Missoni cabanas make it the ideal place for those looking to “see and be seen” on Maui. For families, the Fountain and Waterfall pools include complimentary cabanas, excellent service, and plenty of loungers with amazing views of the pools and ocean.
- The Four Seasons Maui has the best Game Room across all resorts, across all of the islands. It is conveniently located near the Fountain pool, and steps from all restaurants and the Lobby Lounge. Kids can escape to it during the day, or while their parents are enjoying an extended dinner. With Pool Tables, Ping Pong, Foosball, shuffleboard, xBox’s, Playstation’s, Wii, and a large screen TV, kids can easily have fun and meet new friends in this outstanding space.
- The Kids For All Seasons program is complimentary, and open daily to all guests between the ages of 5-12 years old. With daily arts & crafts, sports, swimming, tide pooling, gecko hunts, and more, kids love it, and parents get to enjoy a daily vacation within their vacation :-).
- Steaks and seafood at Duo, fusion cuisine from Wolfgang Puck at Spago, modern Mediterranean-Italian at Ferraro’s, appetizers and sushi at the Lobby Lounge, combined with the Four Seasons house cars that will take you to and from the other Wailea favorites like Monkeypod, ensure that there will never be shortage of outstanding dining options to choose from.
- The resort completed a full renovation of all rooms and suites at the end of 2016. Rooms start at a very spacious 600sqft, which earn them the title of largest resort guest rooms on Maui, and include huge bathrooms & lanais, empty refrigerators to stock your own beverages, and a family friendly maximum occupancy of up to 2 adults and 2 kids. The oceanfront category suites, with 180 degree views of the resort pools, Wailea Beach, the pacific ocean, and nightly sunsets will take your breath away.
With its prime location on beautiful Wailea Beach, excellent year round weather, and five star, service and amenities (and no resort fee), Four Seasons Maui at Wailea is my top choice on Maui. We have spent many nights on property, and I provide clients of Kristen Nix Travel with an exclusive “Insider’s Guide” that I have created, including tips and recommendations to ensure clients are set up to enjoy this amazing resort as much as we do.
*As a Four Seasons Preferred Partner, all of my clients receive the following complimentary amenities at Four Seasons Resort Maui: daily full American breakfast for two guests, Food & Beverage credit of $100, room upgrade of one category (based on availability) at the time of check-in, and complimentary wi-fi.