Four Seasons Resort Hualalai
If you have been to Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, you know how incredibly special it is. If you haven’t been yet… you’ve got to go! Not only is it located in a prime spot on the extremely sunny and warm Kona-Kohala Coast, it’s also only 10 minutes from the airport (land & swim!). The resort also consistently ranks among the best beach resorts in the world, and it enjoys a well deserved cult-like following among its many repeat guests. Our recent return to the property was nothing short of perfection. Here’s what we loved most:
- The resort is on a sprawling oceanfront property that is lush, tropical, and truly captures the essence of Hawaii. Rooms and suites are set in 5 unique crescents, each with its own personality. The beachfront path with its jaw dropping ocean views allows guests to walk from King’s Pond on one edge of the resort, past the other crescents, along the gorgeous golf course, and all the way to Kukio Bay.
- The spacious rooms and suites are designed to feel like warm and comfortable private Hawaiian homes. The ground floor rooms and suites have easy walk-out access to the pools and amazing lava rock outdoor showers, while the second floor rooms and suites provide unmatched ocean views.
- There are oceanfront pools for every mood. Kids will love the Keiki and Sea Shell Pools. Grown-ups can’t resist the Beach Tree Pool. Honeymooners won’t wish for anything more than the chic and modern Palm Grove Pool with its swim up bar. Lap swimmers can hit the lanes and cooler water temp at the Spa Pool. And finally, everyone will want to experience a dip in the 1.8m natural lava rock King’s Pond, with its 4,000 fish and spotted eagle ray.
- We aren’t big vacation exercisers, at least not at the moment (never say never, right?). However, for those that are, the Sports Club complex is world class with an Olympic style lap pool, new cardio and weight training equipment, and a great selection of daily fitness classes to enjoy.
- An endless amount of five star activities from swimming with thousands of fish in Kings Pond, to the ocean relaxation lounge on Kukio Bay where you can snorkel, paddle board, enjoy guided ribcraft & subwing ocean adventures. The resort also has a private championship golf course, an outdoor rock climbing wall, basketball & bocce ball courts, ping pong and pool tables, tennis, and of course the complimentary Kids For All Seasons program for 5-12 year olds. FS Hualalai is truly exceptional in the fun & activities department.
- Hualalai Trading Company is a fantastic little market on property where you can pick up anything from lattes, sandwiches, ice cream, beer, wine, and booze to go. Last but not least, Ulu Ocean Grill, Beach Tree Bar & Lounge, and the Residents Beach House all have two things in common: delicious cuisine & oceanfront dining just steps from the water. Oceanfront dining is a true pleasure in life, and Four Seasons Hualalai has you covered.
For our family, the ultra exclusive private paradise that is the Four Seasons Resort Hualalai has so much of what we look for in an ultimate beach vacation and we can’t wait to return again soon.
*As a Four Seasons Preferred Partner, all of my clients receive the following complimentary amenities at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai: daily full American breakfast for two guests per bedroom, Food & Beverage credit of $100, room or suite upgrade of one category (based on availability) at the time of check-in, and complimentary wi-fi.