Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica
We spent six nights at Four Seasons Costa Rica over Thanksgiving week. The resort reopened in December 2017 after a comprehensive renovation, and the results are fantastic. The FS Costa Rica is a perfect balance of luxury and nature, and should definitely be on the short list for those seeking luxury eco travel with plenty of opportunities for both adventure and relaxation. Here are some of the things we loved most about our stay:
- The private Peninsula Papagayo is a nature sanctuary covering over 1,400 acres, and the Four Seasons occupies the prime position at the tip of peninsula. If you arrive after the rainy season, the resort is lush and super tropical and there is lots of wildlife including howler monkeys and iguanas.
- While the Peninsula has a ton of space to spread out and explore, the resort is compact which makes it super convenient to access all of the amenities. We could walk out of our room in building #2 and we were literally steps from the pools, the bay beach, the ocean beach, and the restaurants. Even with the compact feel there was plenty of room for everyone, and we never had a problem finding great seats including shade.
- An incredible selection of activities including tennis, golf, jet skis, fishing, mountain biking, and access to outstanding beginner through expert guided surfing with Tropicsurf. Complimentary activities include paddle boards, kayaks, snorkeling, water bikes, boogie boards, beach volleyball, nature hikes & tours, rum & chocolate tasting, mixology, and wine tasting among others.
- The complimentary Kids For All Seasons facility is conveniently located and has its own dedicated swimming pool, complete with miniature loungers! Most KFAS programs start at 5yo old, however, FS Costa Rica KFAS starts at 4yo. This is a huge and valuable benefit for families with 4 year old kids who can’t yet access KFAS at other FS resorts.
- The team at the FS Costa Rica was phenomenal. The level of service, the warmth and sincere kindness that they extended to us was truly exceptional. We had so much fun getting to know many of the staff, and there was no doubt that they wanted to do everything they could to make our vacation as special and memorable as possible.
We really loved the Four Seasons Costa Rica, and think that it is an especially great choice for families with young children, and for honeymooners. We also found the stackable 3rd night free offer that was available over the Thanksgiving week to be extremely high value, and we will definitely be keeping an eye on it for a possible return trip at the same time next year.
*As a Four Seasons Preferred Partner, all of my clients receive the following complimentary amenities at Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica: daily full breakfast for two guests, choice of $100 Spa or Golf credit, one complimentary round of golf (including club rentals) for suite bookings, room upgrade at the time of check-in (if available), and complimentary wi-fi.