One&Only Palmilla is an exclusive oasis on the Sea of Cortez that enjoys year round sunshine, with average temperatures from the mid-70s in the winter months to the mid-90s during the summer. Built in 1956 as a luxury hideaway by Don Abelardo Rodriguez, son of the President of Mexico, the resort is iconic and legendary, and has long been a favorite for A list celebrities and athletes. Our recent vacation to the O&O Palmilla was sensational, and here’s what we loved the most:
- From the moment you are permitted to pass through security at the entrance of the resort, you immediately enter an incredibly gorgeous and exclusive private paradise that is super lush and tropical. You soon encounter uniformed O&O staff who, without fail, stop what they are doing to personally greet you with a “buenos dias” and a hand over their heart. The true and genuine sense of warmth from the incredible O&O staff is heartfelt, unique, and really makes you feel like you are more than welcome to be in this special place.
- There are only a few swimmable beaches in Cabo, and One&Only Palmilla is on one of them. Pelican Beach is on the north shore of the resort, and it is the perfect spot to relax on a lounger under an umbrella, or within one of the private cabanas. Sea kayaks, paddle boards, and snorkeling gear are available for guests, and the fabulous Tropicsurf team is standing by to provide luxury surfing experiences for beginners through experts. The Pelican Beach Bar & Grill, where the bar stools are only a few steps from the water, serves fresh & casual favorites, ice cold cervezas, and delicious cocktails.
- Two gorgeous pools provide options for families, and for adults only. The Agua family pool is huge, with even bigger panoramic views. One section is zero entry, making it perfect for young kids. The gorgeous Vista adult pool occupies its own space on property, and includes truly amazing views from the loungers and from the fantastic swim up bar within the pool.
- Cliffside al fresco dining starts at breakfast and runs through dinner at Agua by Larbi where guests enjoy authentic Mexican specialties including fresh, hand-made tortillas, authentic moles and signature guacamole and ceviche made tableside. The Wagyu steaks at Jean-Georges Vongerichten, SEARED were exceptional, and the fresh sushi & ceviche that we enjoyed at Suviche are not to be missed. O&O Palmilla is known for fantastic cuisine enjoyed in amazing spaces.
- Every room and suite at the O&O Palmilla enjoys pristine views of the Sea of Cortez. Yes, you heard that correctly, every room has ocean views(!). The design is luxury Mexican with hand painted tiles, and custom handcrafted doors, all intended to connect you with the soul of Baja. Our Oceanfront Junior Suite was gorgeous with a huge bathroom including rainfall shower, sculpted travertine tub, and a large terrace with perfectly heated plunge pool to enjoy while taking in the breathtaking views.
One&Only Palmilla is lush, tropical, and super romantic with five star service and amenities. This amazing resort is the perfect spot for honeymoons, babymoons, as well as family vacations, and if budget allows, Villa Cortez and Villa One are super luxury options for groups, multi gen vacations, or VIP’s seeking privacy. We are dreaming of the day that we can return to the resort again.