Family Travel • Kids' Clubs
Kids’ Clubs at hotels and resorts can be a game-changer when traveling together as a family. Kids stay busy with fun activities and adventures, parents can enjoy some time to themselves, and everyone wins. Here are a few things to know when planning your next family vacation:
- Age requirements for kids’ clubs vary by property, but typical age ranges at US luxury resorts are 5 to 12, however, some allow 3 & 4 year olds. A birth certificate is usually required for proof of age.
- Children under the minimum age requirement can enjoy the kids’ club, however, a supervising parent or sitter needs to be present.
- Participation is flexible and kids can stay and enjoy a few hours of fun or stay for a full day of activities.
- Advance reservations are recommended during peak travel times like Festive Season and Spring Break.
- Activities are typically a combination of indoor and outdoor fun that offer both recreation and educational opportunities. Learning about the local culture, outdoor adventures, games and sports, arts & crafts, and pool time are popular kids’ club activities.
- Theme nights are typically available during peak travel seasons and offer evening activities for kids while parents enjoy a night out.
- Teen hangouts are becoming much more popular at high-end resorts, bridging the gap between kids and adults. Pool, ping pong, foosball, video games, sport courts, and teen activity programming are fantastic amenities for this age group.
- Babysitting services can be arranged through the concierge.
Kids’ Clubs are a fabulous resort amenity and offer a “vacation within a vacation” for parents. Many properties charge half-day or full-day fees to participate, however, Kids For All Seasons programs at Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts worldwide is always complimentary. Some of my favorite family resorts with outstanding kids’ clubs include:
• Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea (ages 5 to 12)
• Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita (ages 5 to 12)
• Four Seasons Resort Hualalai (ages 5 to 12)
• Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo (ages 4 to 12)
• Four Seasons Resort Orlando (ages 4 to 12)
I’d love to help you plan your next family vacation!